It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Sometimes, when I am bored...

I tend to think about the strangest things. For instance, I am on watch right now and it is about 325 a.m. I am trying very hard to stay awake. My mind tends to wander....

-Q: Why am I so infatuated with this woman?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

-A: Easy. Movie scenes from "Dusk 'Til Dawn", "Desperado", and "After the Sunset".

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
-The movie, As Good as it Gets had so many of the best lines in any movie I have seen so far. It came out in '97 and featured Jack Nicholson, Helen Hunt, Greg Kinnear, and Cuba Gooding. Kinda upset that Cuba took the role because I always liked his roles as a boxer in Gladiators (before the Russell Crowe film), Jerry Maguire, A hard as nails Chief Petty Officer in Men of Honor, and now, as if he was ever threatened to be typecast, he's playing a homosexual. I'm not homophobic anymore, but just didn't think it was the right movie for him. Anyway, here are some of the quotes from the movie that make me laugh.

Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall: Easy. I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.
-----------------------
Carol: OK, we all have these terrible stories to get over, and you-...
Melvin Udall: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
-----------------------
Simon Bishop: Thank you, Melvin. You overwhelm me...I love you.
Melvin Udall: I tell you, buddy... I'd be the luckiest man alive if that did it for me.
-----------------------
(Sitting in the bar after Carol storms out)
Melvin Udall: Well, it's not right to go into details, I got nervous. I screwed up, I said the wrong thing... Where if I hadn't, I could be in bed right now with a woman who, if you make her laugh, you got a life. Instead I'm here with you
[gestures to bartender]
Melvin Udall: . No offense, but a moron pushing the last legal drug.

I don't know why, but I like the dialogue between the characters. Moving on...

-If we only use about 10% of our brains, I wonder what would it take to activate or stimulate the other 90%? Telekinesis...now that would be interesting.

-Okay, the Red Sox had their year but when are these guys gonna catch a break? '84, '88, '92, '98, '03...all heartbreak years.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

-It's been 20 years already. Time does fly, but wouldn't you like to see something like this again? And all of them were humble. Not a Terrell Owens or Randy Moss on this team. We miss ya, Sweetness! #34, Walter Payton...the only man in the world where it was acceptable to get ran over by a guy wearin' a pair of Kangaroos! How many people had a pair? I sure as hell didn't.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

- On a serious note, we lost a great comedian and human being this weekend. A solemn goodbye to Richard Pryor. He inspired many and will never be forgotten. Hope you found the answer to your question, Rich.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, time to make the doughnuts. Man, do I wish I could take a bump of some Hen or something. Get the bottle ready, J!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger wun_knight said...

I am actually on a ship out in Hawaii. Currently getting ready for a six month deployment. I just starting doing the blog thing but I will get a handle on it after a while. Thanks for the comment.
-wun

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home