It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

So Who's Covering My Six!?!?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Okay, once again the setting is Sydney, Australia. The place, the Hilton Sydney. Now this is a pretty good hotel. If I am not mistaken, it is listed as a 4 1/2 to 5 star hotel on most reviews. Along with me are six of my comrades. Now two of these guys have never been to Sydney before and are excited to get out and see what there was to see. The rest of us have journeyed here at least once during our travels and pretty much know what there is to do here. Every time that I come to this place the agenda has been to pick up women. I am not saying that Australian women are easy...just EASIER. They come in all races from Aussie, South African, Greek mixed with something, Asian, etc. What I should be getting at is that they are very friendly. I might have mentioned this in one of my earlier blogs but I felt that this was the time to reiterate that fact.

My story starts in a club. My friend, let's call him "Ace", was walking around and checking the scene to see who tonight's victim was going to be. All the while, I am on the dance floor having a good time. I soon realized that I am doing everything that I said I wasn't going to do. My intentions were to come here and see the other side of Sydney. This will have been my third time here and I haven't seen a Koala Bear or even a Kangaroo at all. Previous trips were just me chasin' females like there was no tomorrow. I finally gave in and commenced to drinking and stayed awake by dancing with the locals. Well I get a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Ace pointing to a group of women at a table in the corner. He had previously been over there and was bringing me back with him for support. In a sense I was playing the supporting role of Maverick, while he was taking the point as Iceman (See TOP GUN )

As we journey over to the table I quickly realized that everyone sitting there were beautiful as hell. You know the kind of beautiful where you sit back and be like, "Damn!!!" Well I sit down and introductions are made. By this now I am feeling good as hell and before you know it I have been on the floor with about 3 of the 4 women. We were just dancing and having a good time, nothing more. This is probably about the point where we switched roles as Wingmen. Somehow I was flying point. Unprompted, one of them hands me her number so that I and a couple of my friends can meet them tomorrow for a cookout. Now this cookout is like 40 miles outside of the city and I was told that it was going to be more like a family get together. When I heard the distance and realized that we had to take a cab, I pretty much knew that we weren't going there, especially since we had duty the next day. I take the number and put it in my pocket anyway.

So some time later the club closes. I go to look for Ace and he is talking to an older looking lady. I am thinking, "Whoa, it can't be that bad, can it?" So she has a friend with her also. I recognized her as the young lady who marked us off on the guest list when we arrived. I get a look from Ace and once again I take my place as the wingman. I'm telling you, I'm a champ at this...sometimes.

Now, I really only wanted to go back and get to sleep. I was tired as hell for some reason and didn't really feel like going through the whole cat and mouse thing. So eventually we all leave the club in a cab and head back to what we thought was the hotel to talk and drink a little. Well they party just about all night in Australia and we weren't going to the hotel after all. We pull up to another club that I remembered from my last trip to Sydney. I remember it distinctly because I believe I pulled a female outta there in a personal best record time of 28 minutes. Who do I see when we pull up? Three of my four other companions that are staying at the Hilton. We get out of the car and the woman that I was keeping company ventures over to talk to one of her friends. All three turn and look at her and then back at me looking puzzled as hell. She was fine, beautiful in fact. I just shrugged my shoulders.

Now the whole time Ace was trying just a little too hard to get his girl back to the hotel. I hadn't said much to the person who I was supposedly with and I was getting pretty tired. I am told that I can sleep anywhere and...I do. I was still good to go for a little while, though. I glanced at my boys for a second and as I look back, Ace, my liberty buddy, is hopping back in a cab. All the while he was cursing and saying something like, "Let's go. 'F' this and that" I look at him like, "What the hell?" Now my friends who were standing outside the club when we pulled up were looking like, "What the hell is he doing?" I was like, "I don't know."

He got me into this, and for some reason the females were still going to hang but it was obvious that he was out for one thing. I mean, I am sure he would have gotten it but he displayed zero patience. So me, being the good liberty buddy that I am, just hops in the cab with him. You see, being in the military, especially when deployed overseas, you can't be out around town by yourself. There is a chance that, if caught, you risk getting restricted to the ship. I wasn't going out like that. I mean, I could've blended in with my friends that were already there but then that would have left him alone.

Now one of the fellas, whom I will refer to as "Snake", for reasons that will probably be explained in a Blog in the near future, basically starts rubbing his hands together and makes a mad dash for the female I left behind just as soon as I close the car door. You see the club that they were standing outside of was closed and they hadn't pulled anyone out of there. I look at the females looking at us in amazement as we drive away. For some reason it cut me deep to find out the next day that "Snake" ended up bringing the girl I was talking to back to the hotel and spending the night with her. She said that since I left her and he was the first one to talk to her that she was interested in, she would hang out with him. She also informed him that they weren't feeling Ace anyway. No harm done, I guess.

As we drove away from the women, Ace tells me that he wasn't going to put in that much work for a female and that she was being too difficult. I found out later that she just wanted to hang out a little longer. Oh yeah, another one of my friends, whom I will call "The Audi King", brought his girl back to their room and introduced her to the headboard, the ceiling, and the soft, fluffy pillows that only Hilton hotels possess.

But the story doesn't end here. As we get out of the cab near our hotel, we go to the all night McDonald's to eat and lo and behold there are two females standing in line preparing to enjoy a late night snack. I am the last to order and as I turn around I see Ace sitting down engaging the women in a conversation. I sit next to one of them, once again unwillingly fulfilling the role as the ever exclusive, often elusive, forever joked about, wingman. This woman is rather tall. She looks okay, but she scares me. So I engage in a normal conversation but I can see that she is feeling me even without me being forward or coming on to her in anyway. She tells me she wants to come back to my room after we were done eating. She stretches and then takes my hand and places it on her breasts. They are nice, but I am wondering what the hell just happened? I glance at my watch. Enter a new personal record...17 minutes!!!!

I look across the table to see how my friend is coming along and I am overcome with smoke and flames. They are overwhelming and are soon encroaching my side of the table. He has crashed and burned. He gets up and says that he is leaving, yet again, and that he would talk to me tomorrow. He tells me to handle my business. Her phone rings and it is her Step father. He says that he is stranded and needs a ride. She asks for my room number, telling me that she will be back in about 30 minutes. I tell her that I will be asleep by then and not to worry about it. She then looks at me for a minute and asks her friend to go pick up her step father for her. Her friends agrees and then, for some reason, starts telling her that her step father will be pissed if she goes and she's not there. I started to think they were running game but I soon realized that ol' girl really wanted to come back to the room. She tries to keep me there a little longer but I tell her I have to go because I am supposed to be off of the streets by 2 am. She tells me that she is going back to the hotel and for me not to leave. Seeing how she already had my name, she would ring me up.

As I catch up to Ace I start thinking about the events of the night. Was I the wingman or him? I mean, he ended up being more like a point guard than a point man. I mean those were two potential assists that, ultimately, he ended messing up. I was dragged into both of those situations and would have been the only one coming up. Ace definitely lost his wings with me. Not closing a deal that HE proposed. Not cool. All I wanted to do was go to sleep. I think I have to re-evaluate the whole "Liberty Buddy" thing next time. I need a closer when we are running the break. Somewhat like James Worthy was to Magic Johnson. Ace commits far too many turnovers for me.

Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home