It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Some more memorable songs.

With a full bladder, Robert Kelly stands over the naked body of a 15 yr old girl and boldly proclaims…

"My mind's tellin' me noooooooo
but my body, my body's tellin' me yeeeesssss!!!!
baby, I don't wanna hurt nobody
but there is something that I must confeeeessssssss...
to you"
-Bump N Grind, R. Kelly
Image hosting by Photobucket

“Poppa don’t preach
I’m in trouble deep
Poppa don’t preach
I’ve been losing sleep
But I made up my mind
I’m keepin’ my baby.
Ohhh, I’m gonna keep my baby.
-Pappa Don’t Preach, Madonna
Image hosting by Photobucket
I don’t know what to say about this. I mean, she went from talking about being a virgin to tellin’ her father to get up off of her ass cuz she’s keepin’ her baby. The very fact that she put out a song like that surprised the hell outta me but I think it’s relevant to what I’m putting out here.

I DO LOOOVE YOOOOU !!!
(oooooooooooooooh)
you can have a piece of my love (Dumb Bitch)
it's waitin for you (oooooooooh)
girl it's true
(IIIIIIIIIIIIIII)
you can have a piece of my love (lovin baby)
it's waiting for you (heeey)
girl it's true
you can have a--
baby you can't have all of me
'cuz i'm not totally free
i can't tell you everything that's goin on
baby
there's a few things in my past
that should not be explained
i'm askin you baby
be with me----for a lil while (you can have a--)
please hush
no questions asked
lay back and relax girl (i do love you-girl it's true)
now kick off your shoes
now put your head down (is waiting for you)
since we're here now baby
i'm givin you a piece of me you can't have (you can have a-)
-Piece Of My Love, Guy.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Man, I think that we argued for two complete school years over what the hell the opening chorus of this song says. I swear on everything I love that it sounds like they are saying “Dumb Bitch” at the beginning. You have to listen to it, rewind it, ask a friend, and then play it again. Trust me, its there. Guy snuck in there for a while towards the end of the eighties and had a few good hits. “Tease Me Tonight” and “Goodbye Love” were tight as hell too.

I can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles
And the heavens open up every time she smiles
And when I come home to her that's where I belong
Yet I'm running to her like a river's song
(chorus)
she gives me love love love love crazy love
she gives me love love love love crazy love...
She's got a fine sense of humor when I'm feeling low down
And when I come home to her when the sun goes down
She takes away my troubles, takes away my grief
Takes away my heartache in the night like a thief.
she gives me love love love love crazy love..."
Crazy Love, Brian Mcknight.
Image hosting by Photobucket

I know he wasn't the one who originally song this song but I like it better. I can only wish to love a woman like that again. I mean, that much, you know? Wait, maybe I mean I can only wish for a woman to come along that will love me like that again. That sounds like some forever type love that you don't get all the time.

"Someday yeah, we'll put it together and we'll get it undone,
Someday when your head is much lighter,
Someday yeah, we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun,
Someday when the world is much brighter,

Oooh child things are gonna be easier,
Oooh child things'll be brighter,
Oooh child things are gonna be easier,
Oooh child things'll be brighter,"
-Oooh Child, The Spinners.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Depending on what we were waiting for, I am still looking forward to when we will be dancing in the rays of a beautiful sun. If they are talking about what I think they are talking about, then we still have a long way before we get it together. Let's just get high, dance naked in the sun with only sunglasses on and continue to lie to our children. I figure that way we have all of the song's bases covered.

Please come now I think I’m falling
I’m holding on to all I think is safe
It seems I found the road to nowhere
And I’m trying to escape
I yelled back when I heard thunder
But I’m down to one last breath
And with it let me say
Let me say
Hold me now
I’m six feet from the edge and I’m thinking
That maybe six feet
Ain’t so far down"
-One Last Breath, Creed
Image hosting by Photobucket

Though they are disbanded now, I thought that their songs were pretty good. Sounds like this cat was contemplating suicide. Seemed a little Christian oriented but people loved them. You would think that with them doing so well they would continue. Oh well. This installment will be short. I am kinda tired and my fingers hurt. Be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home