It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Nicotine Chronicles-Day #4-Back Again for the First Time.

I can definitely taste the food a lot better. I still haven't figured out if that goes in the plus column or not. Constantly itching and fidgeting around like the drug that I'm trying to kick is Crack cocaine instead of what's normally found in cigarettes. Slowly becoming shorter and shorter with people. I can't stand to hear the voices of certain individuals onboard and I take no comfort in knowing that I must continue to put up with this for the next 5 months. The ship is only 567 ft long and 50 ft wide. That can be bad. The good thing, you ask? Well, they still haven't found those three bodies yet. The road to recovery is long and winding and I'm already getting dizzy. This is my story.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Look at that. She probably got his ass started on cigarettes too. The apple don't fall too far from the tree, J. You are all descendants of Eve with the innate ability to drag a nikka down!!!!


Anyway, why did I start on day number 4? Because the first three days were hell!!! I mean, I have been here before but it doesn't look familiar. I didn’t know if I was going to make it so I put off even blogging about it. Look, just over five years ago I was dating a beautiful woman who had the power to make me put cancer sticks down forever. She would hold me at night while I was going through the cold sweats. Look after me when I was coughing up, what felt like, both of my lungs. Having her around, as well as a never-ending supply of sunflower seeds, made my transition back into the world of the "nicotine free" that much easier.

Then we broke up. I was taking it rather bad. I was also scheduled to transfer to this gem of a f*ckin' ship in the middle of a Western Pacific deployment. I didn't think that would be enough for me to pick them up again after three whole years. I was wrong.

Now here I am 2 and 1/2 years later after starting back. No sunflower seeds to chew. No woman to hold me as I go through withdrawals not unlike detox. But I am here. I am making enemies along the way, but I am here. I will see this through. This time I will do it without gaining 20 lbs. I have friends who have quit several days before I decided to put mine down. Yep, Snake and Ace both set ‘em down a few short days apart from one another. Funny. I didn’t think I would soon mention both of their names in the same sentence again (See “Who’s Covering…”). With Audi King soon to follow, there will be plenty of people to lean on, watch out for, and compare body counts. The upcoming months should be interesting. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home