It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Nicotine Chronicles-Day #6- Crash and Burn

I can definitely taste the food a lot better. I still haven't figured out if that goes in the plus column or not. Constantly itching and fidgeting around like the drug that I'm trying to kick is Crack cocaine instead of what's normally found in cigarettes. The road to recovery is long and winding and I'm already getting dizzy. This is my story...

Ace fell off the wagon yesterday. His flight pattern was fugged up from the gate. He has to deal with a lot of morons and I could see the stress mounting. He allegedly lasted for two weeks so I can't hate on him that much. I use the word "allegedly" due to the fact that I have caught him outside at night standing alone in the darkness. He claimed to not have smoked at all but I know better. His fate was sealed the day that 'Bama didnt get underway for deployment. 'Bama was sorta his "bullshyt buffer" and he knew it. Deployment, from his point of view is going to be hell. So for him to say that he was going to quit...I just waited it out.

I, on the other hand, don't have an excuse. I admit that I wanted to smoke one with him last night but decided against it. That took some will power. Now all I need to do is get started on a daily workout plan and I will have this thing beat. If my stress level stays the same, that is. All I need is for one of my young, inexperienced sailors to do something real crazy.
Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home