It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Nicotine Chronicles-Day 39- Unfiltered

I can definitely taste the food a lot better. I still haven't figured out if that goes in the plus column or not. Constantly itching and fidgeting around like the drug that I'm trying to kick is Crack Cocaine instead of what's normally found in cigarettes. The road to recovery is long and winding and I'm already getting dizzy. This is my story...


The Place: Manama, Bahrain

I was doing good with the whole "My new life as a nonsmoker" until...yep. You guessed it. We reached a port of call and there was alcohol aplenty!!! I thought that it had been long enough and I was through with cigarettes, tobacco, and all the trouble that accompanied it. WRONG!!! I lasted for about 4 beers but then I needed a cigarette shortly after that first glasss of Hen. Give me credit though because I only inhaled on the first and the last puff. The rest were just because the dude that gave me the square was sitting right in front of me. You see we were at someone's house that my boy knew and they were throwing a little BBQ for us. It seems like every time I come to Bahrain, I or someone that I know, runs into someone that they used to be stationed with. Anyway, on with the story.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a hookah pipe. It is used for smoking shisha. What is "shisha", you ask? I still don't know but it comes in assorted flavors like grape and apple, just to name a few. Actually I think it is a kind of tobacco but without the tobacco properties. Let me explain. I didn't feel shyt!!! Okay, let me redirect here.

Fast forward three days after we arrive in Bahrain and our travels finds me, HTB, Audi King and GP, in a very quaint-sized, for lack of a better word, living room surrounded by five Ethiopian females. If you have ever seen most Ethiopian females then you know that Luda had it right in "Pimpin' All over the World". Most of them are beautiful as hell. Well, most that I've ever met. Here we were shooting 80% though, which isn't bad. In the middle of us was a hookah pipe, not unlike the one pictured above. Now, how we got here isn't what is as important as what was going on in our minds regarding this instrument sitting before us. Of the four brothers only two of us were smokers...of cigarettes, that is. While the Ethies, as they are affectionately called, were eagerly awaiting their turn to puff on the dragon, we were looking on in amazement. Now we were shopping all day and we saw these things everywhere but paid little attention to them. Before our very eyes they were sucking on the end of the hose like it was a damn crack pipe! First of all, I was wondering if it was legal shyt that was in there. After that, I was wondering why the damn thing was unfiltered. Next came the whole, "Hey, why are we all sharing the same mouth device? I don't know you like that" thing. And lastly, after our curiosity piqued, "Why are you holding on to that damn thing for so long? I know you saw Friday! You better pass that shyt!!!" Now if you could have seen the way that each person was puffing on it you would've laughed your ass off. They were nonchalantly handling it, talking, pointing around the room and shyt, while all of our eyes were fixated on the hose. When they finally did pass it to one of us we hit that muhf*ckah like it was a joint or something. I'm talking...

((Swuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh))......((swuuuuuuhhhh))...((swuuuuuh))....{vein protruding out of skull}...((SWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH))...{COUGH}...{COUCH}...Pass...your session has ended.

Well, the look on their faces would have said it all. They were wondering just what the hell was wrong with us!!!! Not one of 'em hit it like we did, nor did any understand why we were coughing. I believe they thought that we were from another planet or something. They were laughing their asses off. Well remember I told you that 1 of the 5 was an exception to the rule? Yeah, well she was sitting directly in my line of sight. I hit that hookah so hard like I was trying to change her very appearance. You know, like trying to make Condi...{{Swuuuuuuuuuuhh}}...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...look like Gabby...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...{{SWUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH}}}... but to no avail, so I passed it. We had a pretty good time, though. When I woke up the next morning there was purple shyt all in my nose. I think that it was because it was unfiltered. Hell, if that was the case then what did my lungs look like?

The real story here is that I fell off the wagon. I smoked one cigarette the first day in, passed around the hookah, and then smoked one more cigarette two days after we pulled out. So in a 39 day period that isn't too bad, right? Well at least I am doing better than Ace. He's smoking like it's the latest craze. I am back on target and tracking now and don't forsee any more bumps in the road. The last cigarette was three days ago and I'm not feenin' one bit. But check this out. Can you imaging what college would've been like with one of these in the room???? Damn!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Blogger wun_knight said...

[Extending middle finger, slowly rotating clockwise]

How you gon' jump in and hit me with a "I distinctly remember..."?
This is my story, dammit!!! Nah, but I just didn't feel like getting too into it, ya dig? That would've made for a real long story.

12:24 AM  
Blogger wun_knight said...

Congrats on putting the sticks down. This is the second time I have "quit" smoking and it is harder than the first. The first time was for 3 yrs and it ended 3 yrs ago. What I do realize is...the body will let go quicker than the mind will.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home