It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Nicotine Chronicles-Day 75??? Whatever...Shyt!!!

I can definitely taste the food a lot better. I still haven't figured out if that goes in the plus column or not. Constantly itching and fidgeting around like the drug that I'm trying to kick is Crack Cocaine instead of what's normally found in cigarettes. The road to recovery is long and winding and I'm already getting dizzy. This is my story...

I know it’s been a while but I am still holding strong…sort of. I know I tend to compare my situation with Ace’s a lot but here’s why. He got on me bad about not “quitting” when everyone else chose to. Of the two that decided to put the sticks down, he is the only one that started back up. The sad thing is that he did so without skipping a beat. It was like he never quit at all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well the topic of this post is basically due to the fact that Ace got on me about smoking cigars. You see, I have smoked on a few Cuban cigars the last couple of weeks and I was feeling bad. I mean, I didn’t inhale at all, but Ace and a fellow “forever” smoker, told me that I was worse than they were. They said that cigars were worse to smoke than cigarettes and that I shouldn’t act like I was better then them. This prompted me to do some research. I didn’t believe them because I wondered who in the hell would inhale cigar smoke? Well, until...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

“Are you okay, Snake? You do know that your dumb ass shouldn’t inhale these, right? Right??? Oh, hell naw….get him up!”

Health risks associated with cigar smoking may be less than with cigarettes, since most cigar smokers are only "occasional" users, and most do not inhale the smoke into their lungs when puffing. Some cigar smokers do inhale, however, usually out of habit if they have previously smoked cigarettes. Smoking five cigars a day, and inhaling moderately, produces the same lung cancer risk as for a pack-a-day cigarette smoker. Since cigars are much larger than cigarettes, each one packs more punch. Some large cigars contain as much tobacco (and nicotine) as an entire pack of cigarettes. "-Some web site, some woman on it


"It's unfiltered, yeah, but it's also without additives. That means it's from the earff!!! Yeah, cigars are worse than cigarettes when it comes to second hand smoke but as long as the person smokin' it doesn't inhale...it should be okay. Everyone else can kiss my ass!!! "- Me, no degree...moderate credibility

Here's a "No shyt " quote:

"People smoking as few as one to two cigars per day have much higher risk of oral, lung, and esophageal cancer, and cancer of the larynx, as compared to a non- smoker." - Overpaid genius, American Cancer Society

Get the hell outta here!!! For real???? Was that a space filler or what?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ahhhhhh...Salma....now that's a space filler. I told you before that I am amorously infatuated with her. Yep....moving on...

I do not inhale cigar smoke. Sure, a little might get in there when I light it up, but that's about it. I know some people who do inhale it. For those that like that shyt, go for it. I don't plan on going back to smoking cigarettes, but for now, I will enjoy these cigars without any remorse or guilt....or a shot of good alcohol, I'm afraid. .

"The blogging experience is about not only putting your thoughts on the web, but hearing back from and connecting with other like-minded folks."- Blogger

1 Comments:

Blogger wun_knight said...

Nah....it's just that I am tired of getting my friends, or people I know, who will either walk up to me on the ship, or email me and tell me what they think about my post.
For some reason I have a small following that either don't want to be known about or don't know what the hell "anonymous" means, if they don't have a blogger account. I ended it too soon without elaborating on it. I was going to bed and wanted to finish the post.
I mean, it's not like it's a painting and I'm proclaiming "this is the greatest shyt I've ever done". But when you know of at least 8-10 people that are on you and you receive comments from 2 people and emails or conversations in the hallway from 10 others, you are like...eh?
Nah, but I just saw the passage as I was learning how to do mobile blogging/posting/pics. Not that I need it out here, but I was just looking at it during the "tour"...it just made me think.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home