It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

What in THE hell ever happened to...?

Yep. Let me see where I can take yet another segment. The first of my "What in THE hell ever happened to..." will feature...

{Drum Roll}

Tevin Campbell

Born: 12 Nov 1976 (29 at time of post)
Birthplace: Dallas, Tx (I knew there was a reason I didn't like that lil' nikka)
Why he was famous: Protege' of Quincy Jones at 12. Debut album at 14 yrs old. 5 Grammy and 2 American Music Award nominations, won 1 Soul Train Award.


Had hits like:

1990-Tomorrow, Round and Round
1991-Just Ask Me To, Tell Me What You Want Me To Do
1992-Goodbye, Alone With You
1993-Confused, Can We Talk
1994-I'm Ready, Always In My Heart.
1995-Fell the hell off to me....
1999-Resurfaced with new album annnnnnnnnnnnd got arrested for soliciting a Los Angeles Police Officer for lewd acts. A lot can happen in 10 years.






Why did he fall off?: Victim of his own success. Debuting at 12 and being known as the cute lil' kid with the nice voice. People watched him grow up and really couldn't take him serious as he transcended from singing about holdin' hands and talking with little girls to getting together with a woman. I think most people still had that episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on their minds when he played Ashley's love interest. Yeah, that episode was pretty gay. Sorry. I gotta try not to offend people. That episode was pretty ~ . As a matter fact there were rumors about him being ~homosexual~....For a while. Who knows? Not to mention the whole "soliciting lewd acts from an Undercover" with marijuana and shyt in the car. Yeah, either we were ashamed that he did it or pissed that he was stupid enough to get caught. But how many females actually thought of Tevin Campbell first, or even in the top twenty when it came to dreaming of being with a star? Don't be embarrassed.

Anyway, just before publishing this I found out he is planning on coming out this year with a CD scheduled for a winter release. Damn...oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home