It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Nicotine Chronicles- Day 154

I can definitely taste the food a lot better. I still haven't figured out if that goes in the plus column or not. Constantly itching and fidgeting around like the drug that I'm trying to kick is Crack Cocaine instead of what's normally found in cigarettes. The road to recovery is long and winding and I'm already getting dizzy. This is my story...

It's almost over!!! I am coming around the mountain on this deployment thing and will be home very soon!!!! Yeah, I may have toked (is that actually a word?) on a cigarette once or twice, but they are behind me now. I can honestly say that my cigarette smoking days are over. No longer am I a slave to the nicotine and other harsh additives found in those little cancer sticks!!!!! I have moved on....to these:


Yep. I've done it now. I think I have transferred my addiction over to these muhfuckahs. What the hell was I thinking? While I don't inhale these, I still get a little buzz when toking (there goes that word again in a different tense, though) on 'em. I have to admit that these things, coupled with a glass of Scotch, Cognac, or your liquor of choice I guess, can just put me in a real state of tranquillity. I mean, I used to wonder why they had, or what the very purpose of a cigar bar was, until I went into one overseas. Man, that's where it's at!! You get you a glass of yak, a smoke, and then just chill with some friends while listening to live jazz that is usually being performed by an aspiring American duo that didn't really make it big in the States but is seeing moderate success covering other people's music over here. I can't hate, shyt, they love 'em. When she asked for requests though, I have to admit that my boys and me were upset that she couldn't sing Anita Baker's "Sweet Love." I was hoping that it was because she didn't have the range whether than her not knowing it. Never really found out though.

I was just in the mood to hear it. I remember when the album came out, my Mom, and her boyfriend at the time, were both in love with it and played the tape on a road trip all the way from Chicago to Ashtabula, Ohio to visit my grandmother. That shyt was killing me and my sister. She had a Walkman but I was stuck, and shyt outta luck. Everytime I woke up I was hearing the same song. Soon Nicole's batteries ran out and she was subjected to the shyt like I was. We were thinking "Twilight Zone" and shyt and were about to ditch they ass at the next Rest Stop until... Well, let me get back on the subject though.

We were at a club in Singapore and one of my boys overheard this fine ass female say, "I love the smell of a good Cohiba." So wanting to be down with the Jones', he orders our drinks and two Cohibas. When the bartender told him the price was $125 he managed to get out a not too subtle "What the f*ck?" before losing consciousness. I don't know if this was his plan, but I doused his ass with water and waited until the nikka came to because...well, I wasn't about to pay for it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Che Guevara
(No, I don't support Communists)

Anyway, I may have screwed myself because with the cost of gas in Hawaii at $3.40-3.60/gal and these damn cigars going at $35-45 a pop...well it looks like I will be car pooling. I know, but I gotta have these shyts. Look at the advertisement and tell me this wouldn't make you at least want to try one.

"Wow. Now this is a beautiful Cuban Cigar. When you look at the broad selection of cuban cigars, regardless of factory or brand, nothing compares to a beautiful Belicoso. The gentle taper, the massive foot, the deep chocolately wrapper all scream "Bring on the fire!!". Nestled in the box, they look like missles of satifaction in the war machine of desire. (Calm down, J. I think they are still talking about cigars, not...nevermind.) The aroma? Imagine a leather box, full of cinnamon and chocolate, drizzled with Cognac and a touch of orange zest. Then add one part musk and one part jealousy and you have half of how good these smell."

I know, right!!! So, ummm...who's driving on Monday?






5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Nicotine Chronicles- Day 154" ...LOL. Dude is it that serious you're keeping count? Seriously though this post was excellent and somewhat erotic. I do not and never have smoked anything but after reading this post, I would like to try a cigar.

7:33 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

That's the one thing that I will smoke...a cigar...something about them...that's the ONE bad habit I need to break...but I feel you...I LOVE them!

10:13 AM  
Blogger wun_knight said...

I'm serious though. If you don't like the smell of smoke though, you might not like it at first. It's alright though. A good way to relax. I think it was an easy transition for me because I put the cigarettes down and, luckily, was able to enjoy these without getting hooked on Newports again. Expensive to maintain, though. $367 for a box of 25 of the lesser quality tobacco is a steal.

10:16 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

Yeah you are serious....I am too I will go to a cigar shop here in DC and just get ONE good one...I can't do the $367....LOL...so yeah you ARE in deed serious!

1:29 PM  
Blogger wun_knight said...

Yeah, but I don't know if I can leagally get them in the States. Cuban cigars, I mean. You know, with the whole economic embargo and everything. That being said, I am going to have to go underground. Probably get caught in a Sting operation by ATF knowing my luck.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home