It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Friday, July 28, 2006

What in THE Hell ever Happened to....Camp Lo???

Artist: Camp Lo
Claim to Fame: Rap Group (circa 1996)
Biggest Hit: This Is It
Last Hit: This Is It
Impact: Though they didn't spawn the word "Luchini", this group helped put it in people's mouths for at least 2-3 months.

Because I didn't really wanna do the research, I got the bio off of Yahoo Music. Please forgive me.

"Camp Lo is a rap group from the Bronx who melds hip-hop with jazz sensibilities and funk. After having a hit single, "Coolie High," from The Great White Hype soundtrack in early 1996, they released their debut album, Uptown Saturday Night, in February of 1997. The album was reissued two years later on Arista Records, and a second album (Let's Do It Again) finally appeared in 2002. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide"

Now I am not the foremost export on Hip Hop/Rap or any kind of music or whatever, but I have had the unfortunate pleasure of smelling farts that lasted longer. I have to admit that I was feeling "This is it"....

This is it (What?!)
Luchini pourin' from the sky Lets get rich (What?!)
The cheeky vines
The sugar dimes
Cant quit (What?!)
Now pop the cork and scream the vigga
And get lit (What?! What?! What?!)


Yeah, that intro, along with the horns, were what did it for me. Aside from that...ummmm...nothing. According to the bio they rereleased the CD in 1999. Didn't notice. Funny that the title for the last CD was "Let's Do It Again". I think not. If it sucked the first time, AND was rereleased, then why do it again.

Kinda like that first time when you slept with that female you had been wanting to hit and you turned in a less than stellar performance. Yeah, and you spent the rest of the weekend wondering why she didn't return your many phone calls. LOL. Yeah....ummmm...anyone ever go through that????
(Clearing throat)
Ahem...ummm...me neither. Movin' on...

So what lesson can we take away from that?????

Subpar winky action ~ no call backs : one hit debut CD ~ sophomore CD sales

I think that was an actual correct answer on the SATs.

2 Comments:

Blogger G. Mo said...

maaaaaaan... I was just bumpin' Camp Lo's 'Uptown Saturday Night' album the other day. That joint was soooo smooooooth!!!

They do have some cuts on a few mixtapes out there. I scrounged up what I could if you wanna give em a listen

peace

Camp Lo - Bed Rock
http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=1459

Camp Lo - I Wanna Be
http://rapidshare.de/files/26722874/Camp_Lo_-_I_Wanna_Be.mp3

Camp Lo - Material
http://rapidshare.de/files/26723214/Camp_Lo_-_Material.mp3

Camp Lo - Suga Willie's Revenge ft. Jungle Brown
http://rapidshare.de/files/22446762/HWCLSWR.mp3

9:03 PM  
Blogger wun_knight said...

I feel you on that. I have to admit that I didn't take in the entire album that much, nor did I try to find anymore of their work being that I liked "This is it" and everything. I will look into these when I get to a computer where I can actually play them (I'm on a Navy ship right now) and get back at you.

In my defense, I've been living in Hawaii for ten yrs now and rarely, RARELY, do groups get a lot of airplay unless they are Top 40. Good lookin' out though.

-wun

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home