It's kinda like this...

A sense of humor and an open mind are welcome here.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Pilot to bombadier...open bomb bay doors...

Communication.
Now, that's important whether you are in a combat zone or in a committed relationship ( I know, what's the f*ckin' difference between the two?). The thing that I want to bring out is that without communications things can get effed up real quick.
Picture, if you will, a man with a grenade in a combat unit. As he throws it, he has to yell something. Why? So his comrades in arms are aware of the situation and stay out of harm's way.
A lumberjack in the woods after choppin' down a tree. "Timber!!!!" Why?
A golfer, after he tees off and notices the golf ball's flight pattern might be a danger to people yells, "Fore!!"
Those are all warnings, huh? Still a form of communication, but basically simple warnings that let people know what's going on, and allows them to respond accordingly. Now imagine you are in a relationship. You both are hanging in there but you don't know what the hell it really is? Is it exclusive? How much does she really care? Where is this going? Well, maybe I should stick it out until the answer reveals itself? Now these aren't questions that I ask. I, personally, like to get down to the bottom of it if I really am interested. I used to be that way though. I also had a Stretch Armstrong and a GI Joe wif a Kung Fu grip, but I packed all of those, punkishness included, into a box and put them away for good when I got older.

The reason I brought this up is because I have a friend, a pretty good friend for the most part, that is going through this with his girl. He likes her but is afraid to tell her about it because he pretty much holds his feelings in and because he doesn't want to be embarrased. Now, how does this work? You wouldn't want to go to work everyday and not really have a job would you? Yeah, you get paid, but if you didn't officially get hired you would be worried about your status and job security, right? Yeah it would never happen, but think about it. All the benefits, but no security. Now back to my homeboy. How do you get... f*ck...how do you even KEEP, a woman without being able to talk to her?!!?! Shyt, I have been in relationships where I HAD to talk about something every single day. I even had to read books together out loud. Yeah, and this punk can't even reach out an express himself to even get her. After you get her believe me, she will force you to talk to her. If your communication skills are subpar she will help you work on 'em. Either that or she will open her bombay doors and shyt all over you.

My message to you is find answers to the questions that you have. Not from your boys, or your home girls, either. Put down your shield and TALK to the only person who has the answers that you are seeking...the pilot. She obviously has the flight plans. If not, then make your own together...or...not.

5 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

That's real right there...communication is the KEY to any relationship...I just went through a situation where there was a lot going on with this guy, who has to go back over seas and he wasn't telling me anything...after not hearing from him and being able to understand what was going on, I had to just let that go...
When you feel like you are in the dark you can't see the light you know...communication let's people see that light inside of you...and you are right, your home gurls or home boys...they can't fill in the blanks...

Anyways...this was a good post...good to see a brotha talkin about this

6:06 AM  
Blogger wun_knight said...

Juss something that I thought I would rant on about. A friend was my inspiration...and she's a female!!! I know. I never known ya'll not to speak your minds, but she is reserved with her feelings.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to be an "inspiration"... but i guess this just makes me a punk.

damn, i can't win for losing!

-la princesa

12:01 AM  
Blogger DivineLavender said...

I think communicating during sex is the key to a relationship.

That is just me.

11:57 AM  
Blogger wun_knight said...

Interesting...

I guess you get somethings taken care of easier that way, but....I don't know....

More serious issues should be discussed later because if the sex is good, most women can get a "Yes" answer outta me 98% of the time.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home